How we do it
MatKon Data categorizes our three main focuses into IT, environment and raw material.
How can you deliver the technology your client needs and still reduce and reuse? We look into how your segment can perform optimally, while reducing, for example, the amount of server space needed. Most of your clients will find, that no performance will lack from using used hardware only, less memory usage and a leaner interface and software set-up.
Here’s an example of what you can add to your existing solutions, with the help of MatKon Data:
- Used hardware that can perform as needed, is delivered to the client – computers, printers, network equipment and portable devices. By using a renting model, you can be sure the hardware will come back to you.
- After analyzing what the client actually needs, an operating system is installed.
- Installing state-of-the-art security software – but avoiding software that leads to irrelevant and heavy surveillance of your entire IT set-up. We need to protect that which matters to the given business. We consider VPN to be an important security measure as well – while supporting the goal of the “less is more” approach.
- Preventive action – maintaining the optimal performance and general “cleaning” of the computer, enables all parts involved to save resources, downtime and the environment.
- NOC – relevant for businesses with a constant demand for high performance network.
- Advanced and effective remote support saves downtime and resources for everyone as well as the environment. By “taking over” the client’s endpoint, we will be able to prevent, install and optimize.
- Today, many companies are offered to get a brand-new computer, whenever their current one can be fixed just by repairing. In our opinion, the client should be handed swap solutions, meaning that the client will borrow a new used computer with all relevant installments, while repairing is carried out.
- A 2-year warranty is given on all equipment.
- Your clients will be able to heavily reduce their negative impact on the environment, be using our local, closed loop. This means that we reuse, upcycle and recycle – in that order – without ever letting the raw material out of sight.
- When the unit is finally incapable of serving its original purpose, a local dismantling center will take in the outgoing equipment for dismantling – plastics are separated from cardboards and metals, which is sent to a local recycling center and upcycled. The plastic is kept in our own facilities and upcycled into new products.
- The point above might seem commonplace, but in fact the opposite is the reality. Used computers that can still serve as such but is regarded as outdated in “highly developed markets”, will be sold through brokers to other markets and serve for an average of 2 years. After this, the product is, both legally and illegally, sent to “developing” nations, where poor people of an already poor society, dismantle and “recycle” the product for an average pay of 1 euro per day. The manual recycling taking place, is highly compromising health and environment (toxic fumes from burning cardboards and plastics and ending up in nearby rivers). We call this system, which still include the majority of the 50 million tons of e-waste produced yearly, Southstreaming.
- Enabling your clients to have knowledge of how they are impacting the world: We will put the facts on the table and create an overview of co2 saving.
- Environmental impact is not just about co2 savings – reducing and reusing help conserve and keep a load of different precious metals and fluids in the earth – all of which are part of a complex system developed over millions of years and are all building blocks in an ever-changing planet. We can supply the data needed, so the client can share the story with their people, partners and clients.
- Today, the IT industry is, both knowingly and unknowingly, taking advantage of a deeply corrupt and unfair system that puts “developing” nations at the bottom of the food chain. In short, this means that every time a new computer has to be made and every time a used have computer ends up in their backyard, they pay a high price with their health and society in general. We provide the knowledge and facts of this, so your clients might act in this direction.
- Through our close collaboration with anthropologists, we can go into the field and map the how’s what’s and why’s of the end-user, giving you and your clients a solid basis of knowledge to make strategies and investments on, how to communicate it and optimizing products and services.